Thank you for accessing http://www.yslbeauty.co.uk (the "Website"). Please read these terms and conditions (the "Terms") before using the Website which is operated by L’Oréal (UK) Limited, whose registered office is at 255 Hammersmith Road, London W6 8AZ ("L’Oréal "). By using the Website, you signify your acceptance of the Terms in consideration of which L’Oréal provides you with access. From time to time L’Oréal may modify the Terms. Accordingly, please continue to review the Terms whenever accessing or using the Website. Your use of the website following any such change constitutes your agreement to follow and be bound by the terms as changed. If at any time you do not wish to accept the Terms, you may not use the Website. From time to time L’Oréal may run competitions and promotions via the Website. Separate terms and conditions will be posted where applicable governing such competitions and promotions.
While L’Oréal has endeavoured to ensure the accuracy of the information accessed via the Website, L’Oréal does not guarantee or give any warranty as to the accuracy, timeliness or completeness of any information or material on the Website.
There may be links that will let you leave this Website or that will let you access this Website from third party sites. Linked third party sites are not under the control of L’Oréal and L’Oréal is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site or any link contained in such a linked site. Existence of links to other third party sites is not an endorsement by L’Oréal in favour of such site or the products or services contained in any linked site. To the extent that this Website contains links to or may be accessed from outside services and resources, the availability and content of which L’Oréal does not control, any concerns regarding any such service or resource or any link thereto should be directed to the particular outside service or resource.
The Website, including (but not limited to) text, content, software, video, music, sound, graphics, photographs, illustrations, artwork, photographs, names, logos, trademarks, service marks and other material ("Content") is protected by copyrights, trade marks and/or other proprietary rights. The Content includes both content owned or controlled by L’Oréal and content owned or controlled by third parties and licensed to L’Oréal. All individual articles, reports, and other elements making up the Website may be copyright works. You agree to abide by all additional copyright notices or restrictions contained in the Website.
You may not use any of L’Oréal 's trademarks or trade names without L’Oréal 's prior express written consent and you acknowledge that you have no ownership rights in and to any of those names and marks.
You agree to notify L’Oréal in writing promptly upon becoming aware of any unauthorised access to or use of the Website by any party or of any claim that the Website or any of the contents of the Website infringes any copyright, trade mark, or other contractual, statutory or common law rights of any party.
LICENCE AND DOWNLOAD RIGHTS
You acquire no rights or licences in or to the Website and/or the Content other than the limited right to use the Website in accordance with these Terms and to download on the terms set out in this section. Other than as set out in this section you may not copy, reproduce, recompile, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer, distribute, publish, display, perform, modify, upload to create derivative works from, transmit, or in any other way exploit any part of the Website.
Download is permitted by L’Oréal provided only that:
(i) you make no more than one printed copy of such download and no further copies of such printed copy are made;
(ii) you make only personal, non-commercial use of such download and/or printed copy; and
(iii) you retain on such download and/or printed copy all copyright notices and shall remain bound by the terms of such wording and notices. Additionally, you may not offer for sale or sell or distribute over any other medium (including distribution by over-the-air television or radio broadcast or distribution on a computer network) the Content or any part thereof. You may not make any part of the Website available as part of another website, whether by hyperlink framing on the internet or otherwise. The Website and the information contained therein may not be used to construct a database of any kind, nor may the Website be stored (in its entirety or in any part) in databases for access by you or any third party or to distribute any database websites containing all or part of the Website.
If you would like information about obtaining L’Oréal's permission to use any of the Content or if you would like to link your website to the Website, email your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Website and the Content are provided "as is" excluding any warranties of any kind, either express or implied, to the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law including (but not limited to) the exclusion of warranties of title, merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement of proprietary or third party rights. L’Oréal further accepts no responsibility or liability for functions contained on the Website and makes no warranties that the Website will operate uninterrupted or error-free or that defects will be corrected. Please note that some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so some or all of the above exclusions may not apply to you.
L’Oréal does not warrant that the Website is compatible with your computer equipment or that the Website or its server is free of errors or viruses, worms or "Trojan horses" and L’Oréal is not liable for any damage you may suffer as a result of such destructive features.
L’Oréal shall not be held responsible for Content provided by third parties. L’Oréal is also not responsible for the reliability or continued availability of the telephone lines and equipment you use to access the website.
These Terms do not affect your statutory rights or your legal rights as a consumer.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
You acknowledge that your use of the Website, including the Content is at your own risk. If you are dissatisfied with the Website, the Terms or any or the Content your sole remedy is to discontinue use of the Website.
Save in respect of fraud and of personal injury or death to the extent it results from L’Oréal 's negligence, in no event will L’Oréal be liable to you or any third party for any direct, special, indirect, consequential or incidental damages, exemplary or lost profits, or any other damages of any kind whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, even if L’Oréal has been advised of the possibility thereof, arising from your use of the website. Applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for consequential or incidental damages, so this limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS
The Website is not directed at any person in any jurisdiction where for any reason the publication or availability of the Website is prohibited. Those in respect of whom such prohibitions apply must not access the Website.
L’Oréal does not represent that either the Website or the Content are appropriate for use or permitted by local laws in all jurisdictions. Those who access the Website do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws or regulations; legal advice should be sought in cases of doubt.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless each of L’Oréal , its employees, representatives and agents, from and against any claims, actions, demands or other proceedings brought against any of L’Oréal , its employees, representatives or agents, by a third party, to the extent that such claim, suit, action or other proceeding brought against L’Oréal , its employees, representatives, suppliers, or agents is based on or arises in connection with:
(i) your use of the Website;
(ii) any breach by you of the Terms;
(iii) a claim that any use of the Website by you
(a) infringes any intellectual property rights of any third party, or any right of personality or publicity, or
(b) is libellous or defamatory, or otherwise results in injury or damage to any third party;
(iv) any deletions, additions, insertions, or alterations to, or any unauthorised use of, the Website by you; or
(v) any misrepresentation or breach of representation or warranty made by you contained herein.
References in this section of the Terms to your use of the Website shall be deemed to include any use by a third party where such a third party accesses the Website using your computer.
You agree to pay L’Oréal , its employees, representatives, and agents any and all costs, damages, and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) awarded against any of them or otherwise incurred by any of them in connection with or arising from any such third party claim, suit, action or proceeding attributable to any such third party claim.
Either you or L’Oréal may terminate these terms with or without cause at any time. If L’Oréal terminates these terms, L’Oréal will email you at the address you provide on registration, and you will be deemed to have received it within one hour of transmission. Termination will be effective at that time. You will be responsible for notifying us of any changes to your email address. You may terminate by sending an email to email@example.com with the subject ‘Unsubcribe’. On termination you shall destroy all Content, and copies thereof, obtained from the website.
CHANGES TO THE WEBSITE
You accept that L’Oréal has the right to change the content or technical specifications of any aspect of the Website at any time at L’Oréal's sole discretion. You further accept that such changes may result in your being unable to access the website.
TRANSMISSION AND FEEDBACK OF INFORMATION
You agree that L’Oréal may use and/or disclose information about your demographics and use of the Website in a manner that does not reveal your identity.
SEVERANCE AND WAIVER
If any provision of this Agreement is found to be invalid by any court having jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any term of this Agreement shall be deemed a continuing waiver of such term or any other term.
Except as provided herein, these terms and conditions are the entire agreement between us and supersede any prior understanding or agreements (written or oral). Nothing in this clause will operate to limit or exclude either party’s liability for fraud.
THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
Nothing in this Agreement is intended to confer on any third party (whether referred to in this Agreement by name, class, description or otherwise) any benefit or any right (under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise) to enforce any provision of this Agreement or any agreement entered into in connection with it.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
The Terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Terms and Conditions for YSL Baby Doll Facebook App
1. The prize draw is open to all UK and ROI residents aged 18 and over, with the exception of L’Oréal (UK) Limited employees, their immediate families or friends, or anyone connected with the promotion.
2. Entry to the prize draw is free.
3. Only one entry per person. Bulk entries from trade, consumer groups or third parties will not be accepted. Multiple entries made by the same person from various email or other accounts or from the same IP address will not be accepted.
5. Entrants must have clicked “LIKE” on the YSL Fragrance and Beauty Facebook page, watched the YSL Baby Doll mascara video and answered three questions about the video correctly in order to be eligible for entry into the prize draw.
6. Entries will only be accepted via the official Facebook application page apps.facebook.com/yslbabydoll. Entries will not be returned and are the property of the Promoter.
7. Incomplete, illegal, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt. Responsibility cannot be accepted for lost, damaged or delayed entries whether due to technical or connectivity problems or otherwise.
8. Entries must be received on or before 30th June, 2013.
9. The prize draw will take place on or around 2nd July, 2013. The prize will be selected by random draw under the supervision of an independent party, in accordance with the laws of chance.
10. One completed entry shall be drawn at random, under the supervision of an independent party.
11. The winner of the prize, together with 1 friend (who must be aged 18 or over) will receive the following: A weekend trip to Paris, France for 2 adults, including return economy Eurostar tickets from St Pancreas Station in London, England to Gare du Nord Station, Paris, France for 2 adults OR return economy flights from Dublin, Glasgow, Manchester, or Birmingham airports to Charles De Gaulle Airport in Paris for 2 adults, (incl. transfers to airport or station and in Paris from station or airport to hotel), metro tickets for two persons for travel within Paris, 2 nights’ bed and breakfast accommodation (Friday and Saturday night) at a 4* hotel, 500 Euros spending money which can be used towards meals and drinks, and travel insurance for the winner and their companion (if necessary). The winner and their companion are responsible for their own passports and visas (if necessary). All dates concerning flights and accommodation are subject to availability at the time of booking. Winners must have full passport valid for a minimum of 6 months on date of departure. Travel is not permitted during the following dates: 23rd August to 26th August, 2013 and 15th December, 2013 to 5th January, 2014 in country of departure or destination country. The Promoter reserves the right to add additional excluded dates, which will be confirmed at the point of trip reservation. All holiday reservations must be booked and completed within 8 (eight) months of the winner being notified. Prize is subject to the terms and conditions of the travel operator concerned, which can be found at www.yslbeauty.co.uk/termsandconditions
12. Entries will only be accepted on the official form.
13. The winner will be notified via telephone and email by 5th July, 2013.
14. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. A list of the winner can be obtained by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to the Promoter within 5 (five) weeks of the closing date.
16. The winner must be prepared to take part in publicity accompanying or resulting from the promotion. No additional compensation will be awarded for such promotional activities. No compensation for loss earnings will be paid by the Promoter for participation in any aspect of this prize draw.
17. If the prize is declined or if the winner forfeits the prize under these terms or conditions, then the Promoter may at its absolute discretion draw an alternative winner.
18. The prize is as stated, it is not transferable and there are no alternative prizes or cash substitutes. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize of like value in the event that the selected prize is unavailable for any reason whatsoever.
19. All personal details and/or information given in the application either in this form or otherwise must be truthful, accurate and in no way misleading. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify entrants if they have supplied untruthful, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
20. Neither the Promoter nor agencies involved in this promotion may be liable to the winner and their companion, whether arising from tort including negligence, breach of contract or otherwise or for any loss or damage whatsoever caused by matters relating participation in this prize draw, or in relation to the prizes to the extent permissible by law.
21. The Promoter reserves the right in its absolute discretion to add to or waive any of these terms and conditions, or to cancel the prize draw at any stage, in the event of circumstance arising beyond its reasonable control.
22. By entering this prize draw, entrants will be deemed to be bound by and have accepted these terms and conditions and Facebook’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities. The Promoter shall disqualify any entries that have failed to abide by the terms and conditions and/or are in breach of the terms and conditions.
23. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used as stated in these terms and conditions. By entering the prize draw, entrants will be deemed to have released Facebook from any and all liability arising from their participation in the prize draw or out of, pursuant to, or as a result of the carrying out of the prize draw.
24. English law applies and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any proceedings in connection with this promotion.
25. Promoter: YSL Beauty, a trading division of L’Oréal (U.K.) Limited of 255 Hammersmith Road, London W6 8AZ