A LIPSTICK YOU CAN COUNT ON? DISCOVER ALL DAY LONG MATTE POWER LIPSTICK
From iconic reds to irresistible nudes, dare to dress your lips with the boldest long-lasting matte lipsticks from YSL Beauty.
When glowing, dewy skin is your goal, a highlighter will get you there faster than any other makeup product. But did you know that highlighter can do so much more for you than simply boost your glow? Yep, your beloved highlighter can work even harder and help make your eyes pop, your lips look fuller and even add shine to your body. We’ll reveal all these highlighter hacks and more below.
Eye highlighting tips
First up, we have to talk about the difference between highlighter and concealer. Our iconic Touche Éclat Illuminating Pen is a highlighter that will illuminate and brighten. While Touche Éclat High Cover Concealer is a concealer with radiant, high coverage colour that works to conceal both dark circles and blemishes. We recommend using both pens to achieve defined eyes. First, use Touche Éclat High Cover Concealer to conceal any dark shadows or prominent veins. Then apply Touche Éclat Illuminating Pen to the inner corner of the eye to reflect light and immediately brighten. We also love to highlight above the eye for an instant brow lift. Simply apply your highlighter underneath the eyebrow all the way along the brow bone and blend. You can also take it above the eyebrow and highlight which helps to sharpen and define your eyebrows. Another secret hack for eyes is to use your highlighter all over the lid as an eyeshadow for wide awake eyes.
Tricks for fuller looking lips
It’s simple to use your highlighter to make your lips fuller, start by applying lip liner, like our Dessin Des Lèvres Lip Liner to the lip contour. Boost fullness by lining slightly outside the lip. Next fill the lips with your favourite lipstick shade, we love Rouge Pur Couture Lipstick In R1 Le Rouge, a perfect vibrant red. Now take your highlighter, we recommend NU Halo Tint Highlighter and dab over your Cupid’s bow and in the centre of the lower lip to create the illusion of fuller lips. For intense shimmer and mirror-shine use this highlighter trick on top of lip or gloss or high shine lipstick like our Rouge Volupté Shine Lipstick.
Body glow hacks
Our NU Halo Tint Highlighter is an ultra-thin liquid highlighter that is a hybrid makeup/skincare product made with natural pearl extract, vitamin E and jasmine flower. Available in 3 beautiful shades, to suit all skin tones, it can be mixed with makeup for an all over glow or used directly as a highlighter on cheekbones, eyelids, and lips. The beautiful glow works both over makeup and on bare skin. Our secret tip is to add to your body moisturiser and smooth on for a delicate shimmer. We also love it dabbed onto collarbones, especially with strapless tops and massaged into shin bones to make legs glow.
The ultimate finish
Our Top Secrets Makeup Setting Spray is probably the ultimate makeup secret in our highlighting arsenal. A spritz of this hydrating mist will not only keep your makeup in place for hours, but also gives your skin a subtle dewy finish. Not strictly a highlighter, the light liquid formula will bring light to the high points of your face for a flattering natural glow.
Be creative with your highlighters and discover what works for your skin. You can layer your highlighter for a more intense, party look or apply sparingly for a more natural finish. Whether you have oily skin or dry skin, highlighter will work to give you that enviable lit-from-within glow.
- Can you wear highlighter without makeup? Absolutely, our NU Halo Tint Highlighter is formulated to be worn on bare skin or over makeup. It contains vitamin E, jasmine flower and pearl extracts and helps to hydrate skin too.
- What colour highlighter is best for fair skin? We suggest NU Halo Tint Highlighter in Rosy, which looks beautiful on fair skin.
- Can I apply highlighter without foundation? Yes, highlighter can be applied to the high points of the face to give the skin a subtle glow and works with or without foundation.
- Which highlighter is best for a natural look? For a natural looking highlighter we recommend Touche Éclat Illuminating Pen in a shade that matches your natural skin tone.
- Which highlighter is best for all skin types? If you're looking for an ultra-thin liquid highlighter, try our NU Halo Tint Highlighter which works for all skin types and is enriched with hydrating vitamin E. For an-on-the-go liquid formula contained in a handy pen, try our Touche Éclat Illuminating Pen with soothing calendula. Both formulas are suitable for all skin types.